Checklist for hosting Christmas
With the countdown on for Christmas, the Hyper Hyper event team has prepared a checklist to use if you are hosting Christmas at your place this year.
- How many are coming? Confirm all guests, partners and children.
- Plan the menu and list out the ingredients. Over cater for 2 more guests just in case.
- Are any guest’s vegan or have allergies?
- Are any guests bringing a dish? (desserts, cheese plate or dips)
2 weeks Before
- List out and buy any non-perishable ingredients or items can you buy in advance (herbs, sauces, cheeses, chips, dips, nuts, serviettes, placemats, garbage bags, AA batteries etc)
- Buy all alcohol and drinks now (mixers, beer, wine, orange juice, tea and coffee). Buy online and have it all delivered. Save money by comparing prices online.
- Buy your Christmas bonbons
- Plan your table decoration now (fairy lights, tinsel, candles, foliage, menu tags, serviette rings, plates, glassware).
- Do you have enough chairs for everyone?
- Pre-order Ham and Turkey
- Clean up any areas of the garden that need fixing
- Double check the gas bottle for the BBQ is full and clean the BBQ
- Dust and clean the house entryway
- Clean windows
- Select your outfit for the party
- Clean out the esky
- Plan serving logistics. Where will your food be laid out?
- Dry-clean or wash the tablecloths you will be using
- Pre-order any seafood (remember Di Costi Seafoods will also peel the prawns for a very small fee).
- Prepare a music playlist
- Cook or prepare any dishes the day before (marinade, sauces, desserts etc)
- Iron your party outfit
- Pick up your Ham, Turkey & Seafood
- Buy the rest of fresh ingredients (bread rolls, salad ingredients etc)
- Have the lawns mowed
- Buy fresh flowers
- Clean the pool
- Vacuum and clean floors
- Pull out and rinse all serving bowls, glasses, and platters
- Set up music speakers
- Set the table decoration, placemats and silverware
- Sweep driveway and entry
- Pick up ice for the esky
- Prepare cheeseboards and store in fridge
- Remaining cooking and salad preparation
- Relax and enjoy the party!